The library at the Rochester Campus is available to all students, faculty and staff. The library’s physical collections support the programs offered at the campus. Students may also request books from the Buffalo libraries. Medaille College Library’s electronic databases, journals, and electronic books are available remotely, any time of the day or night to all Medaille-affiliated patrons.
- Research assistance: A librarian is available at the campus to help you locate books, articles, and web resources appropriate for class assignments. For information on how to find help when the Rochester library is closed, see the section below.
- APA assistance: For online help with APA citation, visit our APA Style Guide at:http://libraryguides.medaille.edu/apa
- Interlibrary loan: If Medaille doesn’t have the book or article that you need, you may request it via ConnectNY or interlibrary loan. To place a request, you can click on the ConnectNY icon from the library’s homepage or please log-in to ILLiad to request an item.
- Instruction sessions: The Library offers general and course-specific informational sessions to introduce Medaille students to the library’s resources. Instructors can contact either of the librarians to set up sessions for their classes.
- Online guides: The librarians have prepared various online guides to help students with the research process. These guides can be accessed at: http://libraryguides.medaille.edu/rochester
- Technology workshops: The Rochester library also offers 30 minute workshops before classes to introduce students, faculty, and staff to websites and technologies that may help them in their academic, professional, and personal pursuits. For more information, visit http://libraryguides.medaille.edu/techworkshops
- Popular Reading collection: Students, faculty, and staff can check out leisure reading materials from our Popular Reading collection. Rochester patrons may request books from any of Medaille College Library’s campuses.
- Faculty Information: For information, resources, and useful links specifically for Medaille College ALP faculty members, visit our ALP Faculty Resource Guide at:http://libraryguides.medaille.edu/alpfaculty
When the Rochester library is closed…
When a Rochester librarian is not available to assist a student, there are several places that the student can find help:
- Email or leave a voice message for one of the Rochester librarians
- Call the librarians @ Buffalo (716) 880-2283
- Use ASK US 24/7, a consortial chat service with librarians located around the nation
Academic Support Center, Writing Lab (Rochester Campus)
The Academic Support Center at the Medaille College Rochester Campus offers professional, trained tutors in a variety of subjects. Students seeking help to develop their writing should visit the Writing Lab, which is open Monday-Thursday 6 to 8 PM and Saturdays 9 to 11 AM. Walk-ins are welcome, but students are encouraged to schedule an appointment ahead of time. Appointments can be made online or through the librarians. For tutoring in another area, please contact one of the Rochester campus’s librarians.
For more information, visit the Rochester Academic Support Center website, where you will find information about getting help in writing and other subject areas. Please take advantage of this opportunity to improve your skills and learn more about writing successfully at Medaille!
The Rochester Campus is located at 1880 South Winton Road is situated near Rochester’s Outer Loop (I-390/590) in Brighton, just a short distance from exit 1 on I-590.