Embedded Librarian Program
The Medaille College Librarians are adopting a more integrated approach to information literacy through the Embedded Librarian concept.
An Embedded Librarian can:
- Work with your class for the duration of the semester.
- Meet the specific needs of your group and establish a relationship with your class.
- Provide one-on-one consultations with students which can be mandatory for the whole class, student-prompted, and/or required of students demonstrating some difficulty with their research.
- Teach follow-up information literacy instruction at appropriate times throughout the semester.
- Be present during class session time that is devoted to research.
- Work within the learning community format.
Faculty and students at Medaille have indicated that the Embedded Librarian approach is highly effective. If you have a class in which you would like to take advantage of this integrated approach, please contact Andrew Yeager or Deborah Ceppaglia.
Andrew Yeager (716.880.2336) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Deborah Ceppaglia (716.880.2157) – email@example.com